What are Funeral Prearrangements?Simply put, it is planning your funeral, or the funeral of a loved one, in advance. You make the final decisions, from the type of service you envision to the place of burial. Other details, which must be managed during a funeral arrangement, can also be done at this time. You have the option to request that your choices be kept on file, or you may choose to pay the cost in advance and save money by paying at today's prices. Our first priority at Lakeview Funeral Home is “honoring the life” and by prearranging the details of your service you and your family determine the best way to display that honor with dignity and thoughtfulness.
Our society revolves around ceremony. We spend months planning a wedding, graduation, even the birth of a child. These events are a part of everyone's life, and they signify important rites of passage. Today more and more people are accepting that death is also one of these rites, but few actually prepare for it. There is no denying that it will happen, and when it does, your family might find themselves financially and emotional unprepared. Prearrangement allows you to choose and purchase your service and merchandise in a manner that is most meaningful to you. More important, funeral prearrangement:
- Protects your family from the burden of decision making during a stressful time
- Allows a payment schedule to be tailored to your budget.
- Provides financial protection and freedom from worry.
- Controls funeral costs by locking in costs at today's prices.
- Insures pertinent information, such as military discharge papers, wills, or insurance information, are easily accessible to whoever is in charge of finalizing your funeral.
- Coordinates a portion of your burial fund be transferred to any funeral home in the country if your family relocates out of the area.
Many people prearrange because they like the peace of mind knowing there will be adequate funds to cover funeral expenses. Also, prearrangement can provide you real benefits when applying for Medicaid. Most importantly, prearrangement guarantees that rational decisions can be made ahead of time, without the usual urgencies when death takes place.
Speak with one of our knowledgeable advanced planning consultants. They will explain how planning for the future will release your family from making difficult decisions at a painful time.